1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus Catalyst Control Center won't install

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tuszyn4, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tuszyn4

tuszyn4 Thread Starter

Hi, as the title states, I can't install CCC to my ASUS AH3650 Graphics Card (AGP). Downloaded the drivers from ASUS's home page and everything installs correctly except CCC. I get an error that only tells me that it failed the installation of this component. Then it tells me to restart my computer. When I do, the drivers and other apps installed with them work properly. Trying to install only CCC also fails. When I uninstalled everything ATI related it managed to install it once but it still wasn't working. Task manager shows the CCC.exe and MOM.exe working for a couple of seconds and then they just close. I even tried installing drivers from ATI homepage but the same thing happens... Is there any way to make it work?

computer specs:
    Intel D845PESV Desktop Board
    Intel Pentium 4 HT 2,8GHz
    Asus AH3650 (captain obvious...) 512mb
    768mb DDRAM
    Windows XP Professional

(btw. sorry for my english, not my first language ;))

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Did you just recently install that ASUS AH3650 512 MB AGP video card in that Intel D845PESV motherboard?

-------------------------------------------------------

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties.

What's listed in the System: and Computer: sections in the "General" tab?

-------------------------------------------------------

3. tuszyn4

tuszyn4 Thread Starter

I installed it about a year ago and then it worked fine with the drivers given to me with the graphics card and after updating them from the ASUS homepage. I did a Windows reinstall a couple of weeks ago and the problems started then. Installed the drivers from the original CD from the box and CCC installed correctly but when I opened it, all I could change was the basic display options like resolution, refresh rate etc. Then I updated the drivers and CCC didn't want to open. Deleting and reinstalling the drivers didn't do any good.

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional
    2002 version
    Service Pack 3

Computer:
    Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2,8 GHz
    768MB RAM

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If you did a clean reinstall of Windows XP Professional SP3 a couple of weeks ago, you may not have installed the Intel chipset drivers for that Intel D845PESV motherboard.

Go here and allow the Intel Driver Update Utility to load and run.

If it displays an Intel chipset update to install, download and install it.

--------------------------------------------------------

I highly suggest that you max out the RAM in that computer to its fully-supported amount of 2048 MB(2 GB) instead of continuing to use only 768 MB.

It supports and uses DDR PC2700(DDR333) modules.

--------------------------------------------------------

5. tuszyn4

tuszyn4 Thread Starter

Ok, so the desktop board drivers are all up to date but it still doesn't work. Can it really be 'bout the RAM?? It worked fine on 512 so I don't think adding a 256 would make such a big difference.

6. tuszyn4

tuszyn4 Thread Starter

Ok, I fixed it. Turned out it was a problem with Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Reinstalled it and CCC installed ok and it works fine. Thanks for the interest and for the help.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Yep. The ATI driver software requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or newer to be installed.

That's why I install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in all Windows XP computers that I work on or resurrect from scratch.

It contains versions 2.0 and 3.0 and 3.5.

----------------------------------------------------------

Suggesting that you increase the amount of RAM from 768 MB to 2048 MB(2 GB) has nothing to do with the install of the ATI driver software.

The purpose of it is to make your computer and computing experiences speedier and "snappier".

If you want to stick with 768 MB, that's your choice.

----------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice