Solved Asus desktop Computer always boots into BIOS first

taxihuyenbi

Hi there

Crjdriver was absolutely right. The Seagate HDD is new but it doesn’t work properly. Actually the store sold me a RENEW HDD, it’s not a brand new, it’s a Renew! And you are right, it’s the very culprit of the story. Even I installed Windows 7 pro 64 bit on it later, it still got the same symptom: booting into BIOS from a cold boot! So Windows 10 or windows 7 is not the cause!

So I bought another HDD, this time a Western Digital HDD (second hand too) as you said WD is better than Seagate (I used to believe that Seagate is number 1 in the market! Now I change my mind).

I connect WD HDD to the Asus motherboard and installed windows 7 pro 64 bit, then I shut down the PC overnite.

This morning I pressed the power button to turn it on (a cold boot) and…Windows start normally!

So the conclusion is: my Seagate HDD (a renew one) sucks! I will certainly cross Seagate out from my shopping list from now on!

Thank you for all of your supports. I highly appreciate that. if you know how to fix the sick Seagate HDD don't forget to show me for I ran CHKDSK to fix it but not work.

crjdriver

I will mark this solved for you. Hopefully you purchased a black drive and not a blue or green drive. The black drives are much higher quality.

taxihuyenbi

The WD HDD I just purchased is attached here, unfortunately not the Black one, it may be a green one. I checked online and found that the black WD HDD is the most expensive one among WD HDD different colors. I’ll buy it next time.

But I found an online store which offers a “purple WD HDD 500 GB” brand new (not renew) only 17 USD, well, the price is not bad, and the seller guarantees that it’s genuine. I am quite interesting in that HDD.

However, there are tons of fake stuffs these days. The purple color of the HDD makes me a bit nervous.

Attachments

crjdriver

The black drives cost more because they are better quality. Dual processors and dual motor supports AND a 5yr warranty. The green drives are 2yr warranties; that alone should tell you about the quality.

taxihuyenbi

thanks a lot. this is a very useful and powerful website for pc users. it's just like online "doctor" for pc. All best wishes for you guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online