1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS G2S notebook BATTLEFIELD 2142 NO WORKIE

Discussion in 'Games' started by deitervompasker, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deitervompasker

deitervompasker Thread Starter

I just bought a new ASUS G2S laptop(n) . I installed battlefield 2142 successfully. Now when I click on the game it comes up with the BF2142 Start screen and then bounces back to the desktop. I've tried running as administrator and running in compatibilty mode for Windows xp. No luck. I turned the graphics down, updated my graphics drivers and downloaded all of the O/S updates. It still doesnt work. I'm running Windows Vista Premium, Nvidia 8600GT graphics card, and 2Gigs of RAM. Battlefield 2 is doing the same thing. I've contacted EA and ASUS and have gotten nowhere with them. I'm in Iraq at the moment in the Marine Corps and certainly would love to play my game. Please if you have any idea as to what I need to do besides dump Vista and load XP please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Deiter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!