1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved ASUS GTX-295

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mconnelly, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mconnelly

mconnelly Thread Starter

I was recently given the ASUS ENGTX295 (2DI/1792MD3) graphics card. I understand that, at the time, it was one of the best performing graphics cards. I am trying to decide whether or not I want to use it or try to sell it. My concerns are as follows:

1. How much power does it need

2. What is the smallest case size it will fit into?

3. It is supposed to have an HDMI port but, it only has 2 DVI ports. How does the HDMI capability come into play?

Any help is appreciated.

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. mconnelly

mconnelly Thread Starter

Thanks. Yeah I found this earlier but, the User Manual isn't available through ASUS on that page. Appreciate it though.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A lot. Minimum pw supply is 680W. Here is the spec sheet for a gtx 295;
    https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-295/specifications

While that card was top of the line when released, it was released 10yr ago and it is pretty much worthless now. It is fine to use as a basic video card however do understand that you are going to have to install a 700W pw supply to use your "basic" card.

Many years ago, I had a gtx 260. It was a great card back then however I would never think of using it today.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice