1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

asus k7m motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joevandam, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

i just bought this motherboard from a a friend of mine, he does not remember when took the board out, what the sequence of the power led, power sw, reset sw, and the speaker leads went. this k7m is not the same like the others. everthing is different. what can i do. i need a little help if someone can help thank you.

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Try www.asus.com. Look for a manual for that board if he didn't give you one with it.

3. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

i tried that but it gives me the k7m but different design of the panel i don't know what to do.how can you tell were all the leds go. its not marked, and were it is marked. the panel is not there

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    what is the exct numer printed on the board? Like K7M-???

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    there are 2 manuals listed under K7M There is the K7M and the K7M-RM which one do you have? The K7M-RM is a micro ATX board with only 3 PCI slots. Which do you have?

6. K7M

K7M

This is the pinout for my K7M. I believe it is rev 1. hope this helps.

Attached Files:

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The board should be labeled as to where the leads go. For both the pw switch and the reset switch leads, it does not matter which way you plug them in; they are momentary contact type of switches. For the power l.e.d. and the hd activity leads, yes it does matter, however if you plug them in the wrong way they just do not work. You would then reverse the leads.

Look carefully at the board and you will see the labels for the leads.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Ok, the pic did not load before I posted. I do not understand your question; you have the diagram as to where they go. The leads from the case are labeled; just plug them in. As I posted above only the pwled, hd activity, speaker leads are directional in that they must be plugged in the correct way. If you plug them in wrong, then you just would not have say a hd activity light. In that case shutdown and reverse the leads; you will not damage anything.

9. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

i know all of this but, the panel there is only four pins and its just for the speaker the rest were it goes i don't know. but my friend said it was hp system could that be it.unless hp had a setup different from anybody else.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

HP is proprietary. Yes, that very well could be the reason. OEMs will specify how they want a board constructed.

11. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

would it be basically the same,with some change to the board.could it be the power supply had something to do with it, being an hp. thats what im just wondering now.

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

As I recall hp ps are just a standard ps [although a cheap one generally]. It has been a while since I have worked on an hp so that might not be completely true.

13. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

on the k7m motherboard the panel it self does it have all 20 pins on it. this is for the power sw, reset sw,speaker,power led, and the hdd led can someone reply thanks.

14. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

thanks for the last reply

15. joevandam

joevandam Thread Starter

ok, thanks everyone for the help i got. but now i have a hard drive problem. i installed a wd 400 7200rpm hard drive now i installed win 98 on it. everything was going fine, until i shut down the tower. later that day i started it up again, and i got a message saying, ( there's no operating system ) what can cause this does anybody know. can anyone help me with this.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice