1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nadim96, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadim96

Nadim96 Thread Starter

Hey, I got an asus g75vw laptop.
    I purchased an SSD a few days ago, my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD, today it started up fine i however got a message from smartscreen? windows 10 saying my drive needed to be checked or something, well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said: select your keyboard language, i selected VN international upon which it didn't respond, i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly, after i came back a few hours later that's when it didn't work anymore.

This happens when i click the power button:
    These lights come on: power, the lock? button and the HDD light, however this one turns off after 5~ seconds.
    My screen is black for the entire duration, no logo no nothing, i can't go into BIOS either.

What i've tried:
    - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times, starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc
    - Turning all the power off, removed the battery and charger, pressing it down for 60 seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in, i did this for 4~ times.
    - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing.
    - I removed everything, battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour, also nothing
    - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess, nothing

If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that'll be awesome!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1161470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice