1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS Laptop Stuck in BIOS Utility Mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HMExcalibur, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HMExcalibur

HMExcalibur Thread Starter

The title says it all really. My ASUS laptop is stuck in the BIOS Utility mode and does not progress past this no matter what I do (it just resets itself and comes back to this screen). The laptop is only 18 months old, running Windows 10...which coincidentally has just updated so I'm wondering whether that has done something. I read in another thread that if the harddrive isn't showing in the BIOS mode then it's most likely broken, it is not showing :(

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Your picture is too small to see the contents of the bios screen. Try moving closer with the camera.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    lunarlander if you click the up arrow (top right aside of the X), the picture will open in another window. That has a magnifying glass and you get a huge image that you can see quite well.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Ah, thanks plodr.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I can see the picture but you, lunarlander, might know how to fix it. Win 10 is not something I dabble with.

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Your screen photo shows there is no storage detected, meaning the system can't detect a hard disk drive (HDD) or a Solid State Drive (SSD). If you click on the left and/or right arrows above that area do you see any storage devices listed ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice