Asus M4A88T-M Not detecting Sata Hard Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sean9461

Hi, i am having some problems with my new system that i am building.

I have bought all the parts, and everything is being detected apart from the SATA 1TB Hard Disk Drives.

I have two 1 TB Sata Drives and they are not being detected by the BIOS or by windows installation boot disk.

Under the Bios Main Tab i see the following:

Main Settings

System Time
System Date

Primary IDE Master :[Not Detected]
Primary IDE Slave :[Not Detected]
SATA 1 :[Not Detected]
SATA 2 :[Not Detected]
SATA 3 :[Not Detected]
SATA 4 :[Not Detected]
SATA 5 :[Not Detected]
SATA 6 :[Not Detected]
SATA Configuration

System Information

Under SATA Configuration i have tried setting the drives to RAID, and IDE, i have also tried Disabling the OnChip SATA Controller with no luck in detecting the Drives.

I have never used a SATA hard Drive before so i may be setting something incorrectly in the bios.

Please bare in mind that this is a new build so i do not have a current windows installation of any kind.

Any help would be greating appreciated.

Thanks.

Two things. Make sure all of your connection are correct (I would reseat each connection including the power connectors) for the 2 SATA drives and check that the SATA Controller is set to AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface). You should be able to verify this in the Integrated Perpherals section of BIOS.

sean9461

Hi, thankyou for your reply, please could you tell me why i have to set AHCI, as i have seen that option but it is under the RAID option, so i can either choose, RAID, IDE OR AHCI. What if i wanted to setup the RAID?

Please could you explain this?

Thankyou.

EDIT: i just tried enabling the AHCI and then i saved settings, and rebooted. There is still no change, the bios does not detect the Drives.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts