1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus MB/SCSI drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by em2sqr, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. em2sqr

em2sqr Thread Starter

I've assembled a new rig w/Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe, AMD Phenom 9600 quad core, 4GB Corsair Dominator, Adaptec 29320 SCSI card, Seagate 300 GB Cheetah 15k SCSI HD, Diamond 3870PE4512SB video card. Problem is when attempting to load Windows XP I get an error message stating that it does not see the hard drive. I've formatted the drive. Any suggestions?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to load the scsi driver. Go to adaptec's site and download the driver. Note you may need to extract the driver before copying it to a floppy.

3. em2sqr

em2sqr Thread Starter

I made copy of the driver from the Adaptec installation disc and installed it when asked for by the Windows installation but the XP installation merely shows that it cannot find a hard disk on the system. The computer sees the HD and SCSI card but they don't seem to communicate. Very strange.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is not strange at all. As I posted you need to load the correct driver Note this is more than one file; in fact it is about 6~7 or so files that must go on the floppy.

Go to the adaptec site and download the latest driver. Copy the contents of the extracted zip file to a floppy and load it when prompted by xp setup.

That is the ONLY way you are going to have windows "see" a drive connected to a scsi card.

5. em2sqr

em2sqr Thread Starter

The strange part is the last rig was an Asus board and I loaded everything with XP and the generic drivers worked like a charm. Also, the number of drivers from the installation disc that was generated by the disc to make a floppy had a number of files on it. However, when I use the floppy it gives me four choices: Win NT 4.0, Win 2000, Win XP/Server 2003 IA-32 and IA-64. I've used the third.

6. em2sqr

em2sqr Thread Starter

I've checked Adaptec for a BIOS and the onlyl one available is Original Production Release 4.30.0 dated 12 Jan 2004. I presume from this that what I have on the installation disc is the same.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice