ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jac12

ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU AMD XP Barton 3000+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP
80 gig HDD
1024 megs of Crucial 64X64 memory
500Watt Power Supply
I received these two items free when ordering products and am not sure if they are any good or worth using.
I tried to register my MOBO on the ASUS website this morning however they keep saying that it's not the right serial number. I checked the outside of the box, the mobo itself and the packing slip from New Egg.com where I paid for a new one not a used one. Also there were 5 things missing from the box. I called New Egg and they promised to send me another box of all the things that come with this mobo. Up until now I have been building a lot cheaper computers and the AUSU has a lot more parts so I was not sure what was missing just that the items and the number I was supposed to have didn't add up.
Also is the thermal gel or the pads better for the CPUs/Heat Sink/Fans?
I know this is a lot to deal with but I respect all of your advice.
Thanks, Jac

Attachments

Triple6

Rob
Well I can't make out your pictures but it won't hurt to use coolers for the RAM or chipset. The board alreadt has a heatsink on the Northbridge but you could put the other one on the southbridge. If you plan to overclcok then this help disipate any additional heat thats generated.

I personally like thermal paste over pads and I think they do a better job at transfering heat.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online