1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus mobo help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mtzlplex, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed Thread Starter

Have a friend/has a comp that Everest(Aida32) IDd the mobo as Asus ME-99VM/Mes-VM. Well we finally figured it out, ME-99VM is one kind of mobo, and Mes-VM is another kind of mobo, and Everest is seeing his mobo as either/or. Does anyone know what the diff between the two is?, it has a 500mgh Intel Celeron(IDd by Everest) in it now, and he was wanting to see what he could upgrade that to. Thanks for any help.

2. DFresh

DFresh

Asus makes it tough to find any info on the mobo on their website. I did find this though, Mobo Archive. It's this weird web book you download & run to see the info. Can't do much with that mobo. I'm not sure how high the socket 370 celerons go. Is this a custom built or manufactured PC?

3. mtzlplex

Right on about that site, takes a rocket scientist to navigate. Yea, I had went to their archieve, but did not want to download both mobo manuals if they are the same. It is a custom built. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If your motherboard is originally from a brand name system, ie HP, then its specially made for them and won't be on the ASUS website.

You could also crack open the case and see if the model numbe is printed on the motherboard itself, authentic ASUS boards always have it printed on teh board.

5. mtzlplex

Thanks for the reply, and info Triple6, I think I`ll just tell friend to do just that, open her up, make sure it`s authentic ASUS, and get the model # off the mobo itself.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/258417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice