1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus Motherboard Beep codes after "Fire"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Balon, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Hello.

I did a post not to long ago about some RAM issues i had with my pc and i decided to try some new chips and see if it turned out to be only a problem with the actual RAM not the motherboard.. After i installed the new RAM and was turning on my comp, it came smoke from the "Engine room". I turned off the computer straight away and checked for any black spots or burned wires but could not find anything. After a cleen up inside from dust and other dirty stuff i turned it on again and no smoke this time, but now i get a error code from the bios. 1 long and 2 short beeps, going on and on and nothing will start up. The screen is not responding at all to the computer turning on so i cant even go into the bios. Tried to search the web for the error codes and what they mean but its so many different ones out there so i dont know what to look for.

The motherboard is M4A89GTD PRO.

Hope u guys can help out ;)

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Thank u very much ;)

4. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

ok so i tried to switch out the RAM chips but no matter how many sticks i try even new ones, it still beeps the same code 1 long and 2 short. Can i settle with the knowledge that my motherboard is dead then?? Atleast i know the issue if this is the case and i can fix it instead of twisting my hair off in frustration. Finaly ....

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    It's hard to be 100% sure but it certainly looks like it's the motherboard.

Can you test the ram in another PC ?

6. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

cant test it in another pc :( But went out and got me a Asus Formula V motherboard with some brand new ram chips and a new powersupply so tossing this junk out the window for sure, hope the next setup will work better :p Just so tired of this setup, caused nothing but trouble from day 1 so maybe it has been something from the start. Starting up as a small error and then grows over time or something. But thanks for the help m8, good to know where i can find ppl with skills who are willing to help out ;)

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Well at least it was a good excuse to upgrade ;)

I hope it all goes well, let me know ?

8. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Ok now im pissed. just installed the brand new motherboard,ram,powersupply and hard drive after the last post. first it worked well and all was good, until i updated the video card driver. i rebooted the comp and then it froze on boot. wouldnt even get to the windows logo. Then i pressed the reset button and gues what i got. 1 long beep and 2 short ones. Again on the brand new mobo and with brand new sticks of ram, wtf is this? is it the video card that does this? or the cpu? cause how can i get the same error now on the new system? must be some of the old companents that are doing this :S just spent up to 900 $ on new things to my comp and it happens again? please help me out :-(

9. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Just took out my video card and booted again without it and got the same beep code, tried to press the memOK! button on the mobo and still no help. :( Did read alot about it on the web now and ppl are fixing this problem by swapping ram sticks but what did happen in my case then?? am i this unlucky with my ram??

10. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Maybe my videocard is killing the ram :S

11. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Update: The DRAM led check lamp lighst up inside the board so this is also an indication that the mobo can get a signal from the ram. And if u already didnt know i get no POST at all, only straight on the beeping. All fans are spinning also.

12. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Th DRAM LED indicates the motherboard thinks there is a problem with the RAM.

There is also a DDR LED on the motherboard. What color is it?

13. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Everything else lights up as green. Only red light on the board is the DRAM led :S

14. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Anyone got any idea?? Im going to try new ram and check it out,but anyone have fixed this problem before?

15. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Is the Dram LED still on with the Graphics card removed ?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice