1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS motherboard forced me to flash, flash apparently failed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeforceGT210, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GeforceGT210

GeforceGT210 Thread Starter

One of my XMS2 sticks failed, so I took the stick out, went into BIOS and loaded default settings. I pressed F10 and saved settings. My computer abruptly shut off and turned back on to go to "boot block" My BIOS got corrupted for no apparent reason. It asked to be fed a CD or USB drive, so I went to my laptop, downloaded the M4A785M BIOS and renamed it, quick formatted the flash drive to NTFS, and put it in the machine. The machine read the flash drive, erased, programmed, and told me to reboot to get system back. Now nothing, just a blank screen, no POST. All fans and lights, the hard drive turns on. I have replaced both sticks with a cheap 2GB PNy stick confirmed working. RAM is not the issue.

2. GeforceGT210

GeforceGT210 Thread Starter

3. Mark1956

Mark1956

Edit.

Just noticed you are running a duplicate thread. This one will be removed.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Do not post dup threads for the same problem. I will close this one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice