1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS Motherboard Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blakthorn, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blakthorn

Blakthorn Thread Starter

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. TUV4X REV 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 67 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS TUV4X ACPI BIOS Revision 1003 10/24/2001

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (build 2600)

466 megahertz Intel Pentium III
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

768 Megabytes Installed Memory

The problem is, that I was running my computer 933MHZ with 133MHZ Bus speed, this is the original setting, I decided to update the BIOS to a newer version, So I downlaoded and follow the instructions to update to the TUV4X BIOS 1005 - I followed as said, and was succesful with Flashing my Bios, but now I cannot run my computer at 933mhz with 133mhz bus as I did before or it will hang and sit there at a black screen, until I restart and it brings me back to the BIOS, I put default bios and tried 933 again, still hang, so I lowered it to 700mhz with 100mhz bus, hang again, the only way I can get back into my operating system is if I put the computer set to 466 MHZ with a 66MHZ bus speed. Any other option will make my computer hang with these BIOS, so I used another computer to download and install the older BIOS version 1003, succesful but still the same hang problem if I set my computer to 933. What can I do to solve this problem? I can't even overclock my 466mhz computer back to a 933mhz, so as of now, I am clueless. Any help is appreciated, message me at [email protected] if you can help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You could try removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes then enter the bios and load defaults.

3. Blakthorn

Blakthorn Thread Starter

Tried that, I pulled the round silver battery out for a good 5 - 10 minutes while I cleaned the system up, it put defaults but still won't let me put my real computer MHz of 933, This is one problem I cant figure out

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There is a beta bios available. http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=TUV4X

The 1003 bios is not likely the original bios of the board...did you by chance save the old bios before you flashed it? You may want to see if there are any temperature, voltage or fan monitoring in the bios and try disabling that. What spec is your RAM? PC66/100/133 - the bios may have had custom settings in there before for slower RAM - see if altering the RAM timing has any effect.

5. Blakthorn

Blakthorn Thread Starter

I was not able to save the original drivers because of a write error, so I went on with it anyway and flashed them, The motherboard is capable of using pc 100 or 133 ram but i have about 768 of pc 133 ram, im not sure if I should try to use the beta drivers or search for older drivers, any idea? also what would those options have to do with me not being able to set it to 933, do they conflict cause im not sure

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If your CPU runs at 133, the mobo assumes your ram is 133 too - if its not it may fail to boot. Write error isn't good - it means your disk was bad. You may just want to play around with different settings in the bios and see if any have any effect. What problems were you having before flashed the BIOS?

7. Blakthorn

Blakthorn Thread Starter

I had no real problems but the new bios fixed alot of potential problems, and a big problem with Nvidia TNT 2 video cards so I decided to update, but ended up having to many problems that I myself, and other people, do not know how to fix

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/138595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice