1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus motherboard Sound switches off after a while Trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by evilnik, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilnik

evilnik Thread Starter

HI,

OS Version: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 1790 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 700 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 400001 MB, E: Total - 553858 MB F: Total - 250003 MB G: Total - 226925 MB
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3A78-EM, Rev X.0x, MS1C8CBJAU01263

My pc has 2 audio output panels . one in the front and other in the back. recently the back one stopped functioning. but the front audio panel, after i play anything after soem 10 secs, the audio goes off. then its static for a while before it goes completely off. i have to restart, but then again the audio is the same. 3 secs of whatever im playing, then it goes off. i had reinstalled windows. i had 2 windows xp oses running on 2 diff harddisks. the second one i reformatted, so that now its only one. I downloaded the correct realtek drivers. re-installed it. on system the HD audio shows all proper. but the sound? same again.

Sumone help me pls. is a prob with my hardware? with my cabinet or my motherboard. or with my os? but then, another insteresting thing, th efirst few days, the audio lasted some 5-10 mins. when ever a blast or loud noise comes, the audio goes off.

HELP!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice