Asus Motherboard Windows Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cofoe

On my Asus m2n68-am se2, I am unable to boot Windows 7 nor install it on another drive. I've tried both sata port hard drives and non sata port hard drives, but either way, I get an error saying that the hardware may not support Windows 7. I know for a fact that it should be able to support it , so what can I do to get it working? Fyi, it runs a windows xp sata 2 drive perfectly, but refuses to boot windows 7

Try booting to your bios and disabling the onboard IDE controller. Then retry.

cofoe

Here's some more info.
it has an amd athlon 64 x 2 2.8ghz.
The messages it gives me when trying to do a fresh install is one saying that the hardware is incompatable. I've looked around the internet and many people are running Windows 7 on this motherboard/ processor as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online