1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS Motherboard with AMD Athlon

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by screamoon, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. screamoon

screamoon Thread Starter

I used to be an ardent Intel follower but my last two PC's that I built have given me enough issues to say that I want to shift now.

I dont know much about AMD Processors and also about ASUS Motherboards. I have heard that these two make the best of combinations if you have to work with applets like photoshop cs.

I would be putting up a AMD processor of 2.6 Ghz...along with the ASUS Motherboard along with a 300Gb SATA II by Seagate and 1Gb DDR RAM 400 MHZ ( 2 x 512MB bars)

Tell me about what all options do I have as I want an AMD this time and also a pc which doesnot hangs much.

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

Do U mean AMD 2600+ or a AMD FX 60 Duel Core 2.6 Gig. (Big Diff)

I suppose if U don't want your Bieg Beauty to hang then what do U use it for ????

Sherry

3. screamoon

screamoon Thread Starter

I would be getting 2600+ I suppose and not the dual core one. Throw some light on AMD procesors along with ASUS motherboards. I would like to know about their compatibility and stuff which I should know before opting for one.

4. Crazy Vladimir

Crazy Vladimir

My box has an Athlon 64 X2 dual core with an ASUS A8N-SLI mother board. It is very fast and stable (about 2 months old).

My other AMD computers using Sempron and Athlon Socket A chips used MSI mother boards and worked very nicely.

Which is better, I honestly can not tell a significant difference between the two mother board manufacturers - both appear to be quality boards.

The better question to ask, is what is the computer for and then select the mother board with the features you want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice