1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

asus motherboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by natedogg319, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natedogg319

natedogg319 Thread Starter

so im comparing these two motherboards. i dont plan on using sli but the one with sli is cheaper. all of the specs are about the same, so im wondering what would be the better buy. it has enough sata connectors and all that jazz too. one more question, when i install a motherboard into a case, how am i going to connect the front usb and audio ports to the mother board??? thanks for all the help guys.

2. bdg146psu

bdg146psu

could you provide links to the two motherboards?

3. natedogg319

natedogg319 Thread Starter

4. bdg146psu

bdg146psu

Personally, I'd go with the non-SLI board. It's only $10 more, and since you don't plan on running an SLI setup, it would probably be worth having an extra PCI slot rather than an extra PCI-E slot. The SLI board only has two PCI slots, and remember, you can't add more later.

The non-SLI board also has a better chipset (nforce 570 vs. nforce 500). To be quite honest, I don't know a whole heck of a lot about what the difference between a 570 and a 500 would be. But I'm sure someone will come along that can say a little more about this.

5. cfhpantera

cfhpantera

Are you building a new computer? or do you already have a processor and other components? As far as front USB and audio goes, there are small connectors/pins located on the bottom of the motherboard. They are labled on the board and your motherboards manual will point out what each connector is for and what each pin represents. There are pins for ground, +, -, ect... that you will need to connect properly.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice