asus motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

natedogg319

so im comparing these two motherboards. i dont plan on using sli but the one with sli is cheaper. all of the specs are about the same, so im wondering what would be the better buy. it has enough sata connectors and all that jazz too. one more question, when i install a motherboard into a case, how am i going to connect the front usb and audio ports to the mother board??? thanks for all the help guys.

Personally, I'd go with the non-SLI board. It's only $10 more, and since you don't plan on running an SLI setup, it would probably be worth having an extra PCI slot rather than an extra PCI-E slot. The SLI board only has two PCI slots, and remember, you can't add more later.

The non-SLI board also has a better chipset (nforce 570 vs. nforce 500). To be quite honest, I don't know a whole heck of a lot about what the difference between a 570 and a 500 would be. But I'm sure someone will come along that can say a little more about this.

Are you building a new computer? or do you already have a processor and other components? As far as front USB and audio goes, there are small connectors/pins located on the bottom of the motherboard. They are labled on the board and your motherboards manual will point out what each connector is for and what each pin represents. There are pins for ground, +, -, ect... that you will need to connect properly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online