1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

asus p2b acpi revision 1002 i440bx mboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kingmatt, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kingmatt

kingmatt Thread Starter

I have just spent several hours :mad: searching for a picture of the above motherboard an (asus i440bx with 3 isa 4 pci 1 agp and 3 memory slots).
    Paticularly useless was the asus :mad: site. I am trying to find out the cpu capacity of this board and the setup info for it.
    It is at present running a pii 266. Any help would be appreciated:)

2. carltasha

carltasha

I had one of those boards , they were top of the line in their day and could handel any slot one P11 . mine was used with a p11 450 and the 500 could also work with it .

3. brianF

brianF

Latest bios will upgrade to coppermine BO stepping's

Which are apparently topped out at an 850

It appears the jumpers top out at 8 for a multiplier so an 800 should work if you want to flash to the latest bios

4. jechon

jechon

how do I upgrade the bios when I cannot identify my flash memory? Please help. I also left a post in the utilities section

5. fbos

fbos

Hi,

I have the same board, at revision 1006. I am wondering if this board supports AGP 2x video cards. If you have any info, I would appreciate.

To stay on-topic, I have a PII 350 on that board. I believe it goes all the way to 500. I don't have anymore information on the flashing and Coppermine CPUs.

Thanks !
    Francois

6. kingmatt

kingmatt Thread Starter

Still trying to find out about this board. Have emailed asus. Will post any info I get

7. hastings

hastings

Hi Kingmatt,

Asus is excellent in tech support. Go to the global site as opposed to the USA site. http://www.asus.com.tw and choose the 'global' option. Then choose the 'download' option and enter the make of your board. You'll be able to obtain manual and BIOS downloads there.

Cheers,
    Mike

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice