ASUS P4C800-E SATA and IDE Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aerain

Help!!!

My specs:
ASUS P4C800-E
36.7 GB Raptor (SATA)
200 GB Maxtor (IDE)
100 GB WD (IDE)

I want to set up the SATA drive to load Windows and have the other IDE drives as backup. I searched the internet as well as the manual but I couldn't find anything that will help me do it.

When I plug in all the drives as once, only the IDE drives get recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is your SATA set up with the jumpers as "master" and the other IDE's as "slaves"? That should take care of the problem...

There are no jumper settings on SATA drives. So the IDE drives can be set up any way you want. But while we are figuring things out put them both on the primary IDE connector as master/slave. The SATA drive plug into SATA1 and of course don't forget the power plug. Do they all show up in BIOS?

2 suggestions:
do you have the SATA drive plugged into the right connector. There are 2 sets of 2 SATA connectors on the MoBo. See page 1-7 of the manual.

do you have SATA turned on in BIOS. See page 4-11 (or so) you will need enhanced mode support on. under IDE configuration.

also you will need to specify the SATA drive as primary in the boot order.

I have a P4C800E-delux with 2 Raptors in RAID0 using the ICHR5 and a 40 Gb Maxtor IDE for backup. It works well.

good luck

Steve L

There are jumpers on the back of WD SATA drives. They are not the traditional master/slave/cable select and for normal installation nothing needs to be done with them. If you are interested in what they do, go to this link and click on "Installation Guide-SATA". The info is on page 22.

http://support.wdc.com/techinfo/index.asp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online