Asus P4P-E Deluxe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Derrick

Hey everyone !

I bought this mainboard a couple of week's ago and right from the get go the bios seem's to be on the slow side,

When I'm in the bio's the reaction time is quite slow, It's kind of annoying since I'm in there quite a bit.

The system is fine in windows and stable.

Has anyone ...come across this before ?

Would a bad cmos battery cause this?

thanks for any ideas. Derrick

G'day Derrick, I can't say I have ever seen that problem before, the battery should not cause it, but you never can tell, does it lose time on the clock? That is usually the first indication.
When the machine is in that particular mode everything should work normally moreso than when it is in other modes.
I would be inclined to run memtest86 and see what it shows, I cannot think of anything off-hand that might explain that problem, (I really am a little low on thinking ability here!)
It wouldn't be something like a battery in back-to-front or something like that by any chance, I saw that once, lucky the battery had been flat.
Cheers, qldit.

Derrick

No doesn't lose time on the clock, It's not that big of a deal just a little hard to navigate the bio's , it's like a delayed reaction.

G'day Derrick, I was chatting with a friend and he had never seen that kind of problem either, it is almost as if the BIOS were corrupted somehow.
Have you checked any board jumpers for correct settings, I don't know that board has any!
Is the problem still apparent with everything possible disconnected from the board as a basic system?
This sounds terribly as though you have scored someone's hand-me-down kind of problem. LOL!
Maybe Blondey might know. I see she is back.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online