1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS P4PE Onboard Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nightfyre, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightfyre

Nightfyre Thread Starter

I've had some problems with my old SoundBlaster Live! card, namely for some reason when I happen to open, minimize, or close certain large applications (Newer games, mostly), my microphone will sound all static and 'robot-like' when talking to others over any form of VOIP until I close and open said VOIP program, and even then it won't fix and I'll have to shutdown the game as well.

Thus I've begun trying to see if onboard sound'd help me...yet whenever I try and install the drivers for the onboard SoundMAX Digital Audio System, it aborts the installation because it says the drivers aren't installed. =/ Yet...what I'm trying to install are the drivers. I've used both those on the CD that came with the motherboard and the latest drivers I can download off of the ASUS site, and I get the same error with both. Anyone know why this could be, or think they could help out? =>

As well, I'm currently running Windows XP Pro, and if any more information is needed, feel free to ask for it.

2. qldit

qldit

G'day Nightfyre, when you have a sound card fitted as well as onboard sound it can have odd problems.
    There are settings in BIOS for enabling the onboard sound and conflicts can occur unless the PCI sound card is removed.
    Check you motherboard manual for suggested settings for the onboard sound.
    When you reboot after resetting in this circumstance it should find new hardware and load the respective driver, if it doesn't that driver should be on your motherboard CD.
    It is possible that some audio software program you have loaded is becoming involved and causing your problem, possibly one of the Creative things.
    That is a guess!
    Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/412069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice