Asus p4s800

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nvisible

If any one knows I just finally put this monster together and man am i loving it although I seem to be having some issues I have front panel headphone jack on Case and would like it to be functional unfortunetly not sure were the heck I hook it up at ... The board is a p4s800 by ASUS any help would be great thank you

Motherboards do not usually provide headphone level outputs.

They would be the domain of a sound card, but most of these only provide microphone and line levels, not "power" levels that you require.

You need an audio power amplifier, and most motherboards do not contain one.

Amplified speaker units and the front socket on a CD drive provide a separately amplified level.

You will get an unsatisfactory level of sound (low) from a line out on your soundcard with headphones, but you really need an amplifier. Build one from a kitset?

Nvisible
Kiwiguy is correct the headphone output is usually part of the sound card outputs but I reviewed your card at the MFG website and do not see the required output. Your motherboard does however have a headphone output.
See attached image.......
This poses a problem though since you do have an audio card you should disable the on motherboard sound to prevent conflicts.

Dave

Attachments

Nvisible

MAybe I did not clerify I know of the rear out puts what I am wondering is ussaully a board has on bourd pins that will allow you to hook up a front panel headphone.

Nvisible
The 800 has a connector FP_Audio connector that uses a standard Intel Front panel audio connector set up.
See this Website
Also not sure what the power level out is.

Using the pinout listed at that site you should be able to figure out which pins are required for Headphone and Mic hookup.

Attached picture is the pinout of the 800 motherboard.

Dave

PS: Again I stress this will only work if the motherboards audio section is used and active in the BIOS.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online