1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus P5K Deluxe won't find hardware! HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zeddan, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zeddan

Zeddan Thread Starter

Heya!

Just bought a new computer and put it together, after some failed starts etc the Asus P5K Deluxe tells me that it wants a bios recovery and starts searching in USB/CD/Floppy, so I decide to give it a go and shove in the Asus CD. It finds p5k.rom (or similar) and starts programming it says, after that it reboots and now I just cannot get past the AMIBIOS logo where it's supposed to find the hardware.

It gets stuck, but if i leave it for a while it draws huge black lines all over the screen with itty pieces of text in it, like the sata name and 800 and 1024 etc, the only thing that it finds fully is the CPU, which is a Intel Core 2 Quadro 2,4.

I have tried resetting bios and everything, but seeing as how I can't even get into the friggin bios it's quite hopeless this .. I really want my new comp to start :( Please help!

2. Zeddan

Zeddan Thread Starter

Shameless bump .. Guys I really want to make my new computer working :( please help if you can.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/604980