1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus P5k-VM USB current status over detected, tried almost everything

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazlunatic, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazlunatic

crazlunatic Thread Starter

Hi. I did use search function and still have the USB current status over detected and cannot boot properly. Here is a list of everything I did - if anyone has any additional suggestions please let me know.

I did the following:

1) Disconnect front panel USB
    2) Check all USB slots for damage, there was no damage
    3) Reset the BIOS by removing battery
    4) Change the memory
    5) Change the motherboard battery
    6) Flash BIOS to newest version

I still get this USB error. I shined a flashlight at all the USB slots at the back and they look pretty fine to me. Note that previously, the computer could not boot into Windows properly because of a damaged SATA cable and I have changed it. It boot fine for 1 day and on the 2nd day, I received this error.

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So you have all USB devices disconnected?

On the motherboard I believe there are jumpers for USB standby, possibly just one but could be a few, check the motherboard to verify. If it does indeed have them, try changing the jumper positions from enabled to disabled or vice versa.

Otherwise you may have faulty motherboard.

EDIT: you may want to see if removing the motherboard from the case clears the error, just set it up on card board and try booting it up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice