1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS P5LD2 DELUXE SATA RAID Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by munna0806, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. munna0806

munna0806 Thread Starter

Hi.

I am not sure if what I am doing is even possible with this motherboard, but I had this set up correctly on my ABIT IC7-G. Please can someone see if I am going wrong somewhere, or it is impossible.

What I want is a 500GB Sata Non-Raid (at least for now) to have OS (Vista Ultimate 32) installed on it. And a RAID 0 Volume of 2 320GB SATA Drives.

After many days of hard work I got the motherboard installed and the OS installed on the 500GB drive. I plugged it into the IC7 controller working as normal IDE.

Once I was happy with the installation, I plugged in the 2 320Gb Raided drives (RAID array was created in my previous mobo), set the BIOS SATA setting to RAID. Booted up and the ICH7 controller automatically recognised the RAID 0 Volume (Good new I thought ...). However, It blue screened as soon as it got to the green progress bar of Vista. I got a STOP:0X0000007B (0X829E7BA0, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000).

In fact even after I took out the raided volume and just tried the non-Raid one. it seems that I can't boot into Windows unless it is in IDE mode. Obviously I thought about drivers. I downloaded the ICH7 drivers and Intel Matrix Storage drivers from both Intel site and from ASUS site. the Intel Chipset Drivers install ok, but even after trying both downloads everything was still the same. the Matrix ones did not work because it is IDE mode when I go into Windows.

Have I missed anything obvious here. from the forums, it seems that people have manged to install Vista on a raided drive.

Am I able to go from IDE mode to SATA having installed VISTA in IDE mode? Do I have to go through the whole install again in SATA mode and use the F6 drivers disk(I would really prefer not to ..).

Any help would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice