1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus P5S800-VM SATA WinXP Issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DWF_72, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DWF_72

DWF_72 Thread Starter

I have seen many posts on many forums about this exact issue. Each one is a little different from each other. That is why I am posting this. I'm setting up a system for family member and I am using the P4 2.8 ghz Socket T Cpu, the ASUS P5S800-VM motherboard and Maxtor 6Y060M0 60 gb SATA HD. Like everyone else I am trying a clean install of WinXP Pro and since it does not reconize the SATA drive, I will need to hit F6 and install drivers for the SATA drive. Here is the problem, I have no idea what to install when it asks me for the floppy. I went to Maxtor's site they say hey get those drivers from your motherboard company. I go to ASUS and they do not have SATA drivers they have RAID drivers which would be my only logical option but I am not sure. I am not going to be running RAID but all the other drivers from ASUS for that board do not make sense. I was wondering if anyone has found like a universal wonder driver that lets XP reconize the SATA drive at the beginning of the install. I know SP1 supports SATA. I have a disc with SP1 on it, would it be possible to pull a driver for SATA off of the disc??????

Any advice at all would be really helpful......Thanks in advance.

DWF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice