1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus P6T and Corsair DDR3 1600MHZ XMS3 DHS Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fleshpound, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fleshpound

fleshpound Thread Starter

Hey! I just bought Asus P6T mobo, with Core i7 920 and 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ XMS3 DHS Memory. The problem is here, I was about to start to put the memory in their places but, I saw a warning sign, that tells me: According to Intel CPU SPEC, DIMMs with voltage may damage the CPU permanently. We recommend you install the DIMMs with the voltage setting belov 1.65V. I don't know what does this mean but could you tell me? And the voltage level thing in these memories is 1.8.

Thanks for your help. Fleshpound.

2. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

The voltage shown in the memory specs is the the reccomended maximum voltage to be used with the memory.
    The actual memory voltage used is controlled by BIOS and motherboard settings and since ASUS is aware of the Intel limitations, it will be less than that.
    The Intel warning is a cover-our-rearend statement. It just means the CPU is designed to run with this voltage or less and that if you "overclock" your system your warranty is void.

3. fleshpound

fleshpound Thread Starter

So i can use this memory? I did not understand you perfectly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/855652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice