ASUS P6T Vista Install Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luthorcrow

Hi,

I am sure there is a simple answer to this but I am not finding it in the manual or ASUS forum search (I've post on those forums as well but have struck on a reply so far).

WHAT I DID
After building a new PC (Vista 64, I7 920, ASUS P6T) it booted and I installed Windows without an issue. I then ran the install for the motherboard drivers.

PROBLEM
When I restarted after installing the drivers, its posts, I can get into the BIOS but if I let it boot after that it gets stuck on a DOS screen called "Welcome to ASUS Motherboard Make A Disk for DOS Menu." After that it lists a series of chipset drivers. Selecting any one of them prompts to put a diskette in drive A.

One, I don't have Drive A or a floppy drive much list a diskette.

SOLUTION
Is there are way to skip this menu? I honestly don't want or need a boot disk.

leroys1000

Banned
From what I am seeing,you still have the CDROM set to first
boot device in the bios and the computer is booting to the
driver creation routine on the CD.
Change the first boot to the hard drive or remove the CD til
windows is booted up.

That usually happens when there's automatical RAID options involved. Go to BIOS, disable anything related to RAID, retry. Also try to adjust anything else to the best possible options.

Luthorcrow

I knew this was going to be an egg on my face moment. leroys1000, it was a variation on what you posted. Yes, I did have the CD set to first the boot device with the HD next. For some reason after installing the chipset drivers it changed to Floppy Drive and then CD and no HD.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Case closed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online