Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3 / i5-2500k

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  designedsilence 
#1 ·
I was attempting to overclock my 2500k and evidently changed a setting that I can not figure out how to change back which slowed my pc down. CPU-ID said it was running at 4ghz but when I bench-marked a game I was getting 96 FPS in I only got 32. I tried resting to optimal defaults but that did not change anything. Anyone know what this could be?

#2 ·
First of all, there is NO safe overclock. First rule; do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace.

Next have you cleared cmos or as asus calls it RTC? If not, then do so. Restart and enter the bios; now load defaults.

#3 ·
What did you tweak? There are several things you could've done.

I've overclocked a few systems. The 2500k series are made for it, but you have to have the right cooling. Heck, my old E5200 (stock 2.5GHz) is running at 3.75GHz without issues for over a year in the HTPC.

#9 ·
What will I have to reconfigure once I do?
As I said above you will need to enable each sata port that you intend to use. If you installed in raid mode or ahci mode, you will need to make sure the correct mode is still selected. You may need to change the boot order in the bios and or the hard disk priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.