1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus PCB for HDD and multimedia

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrpentium, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrpentium

mrpentium Thread Starter

Hi,

I have an Asus F555la, and it has had problem with the HDD. I finally determined that it was the HDDBoard DX555LD rev 3.6 , which I purchased from Asus-Acccessories.com . I received it, and tried to install, but it does not "fit". They say it is the corredct PCB. Now what ?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As you say on the Site you mention, the part is shown, as
    is
    https://www.asus-accessories.com/laptop/board/hdd-board/hdd-board-for-laptop-62582-61712.htm
    SKU : HDDBOARDX555LD
    PN : 90NB0620-R10080

When you ask
    Now what - I am not sure what you mean
    I would suggest you check with another seller of asus parts

https://www.asusparts.eu/en/register

Perhaps the 1000$ question is - in what way does it not fit and indeed - comparing the two - the original and the one you have bought - what is the difference

3. mrpentium

mrpentium Thread Starter

Yes, that IS the $1000 question. I believed the difference was the thinkness of the lands on the rings used to screw thew PCB to the mobo mounting points, but after I had these machined to the same dimensions as the original PCB, it still does not seat properly. There is no other visual difference I can detect. I am tempted to machine away everything but the connect, to see if it mates, but even if it does, the PCB would then be useless . Any ideas ?

4. Macboatmaster

well -meant most genuinely, you must presumably know what you are doing, and what you hoped to achieve.
    I have never even thought of adopting such a practice with a new part, unless I knew that it required customization to fit my computer

I would have thought that the approach was as I outlined together with discussion between you and the supplier.
    Clearly there is no chance now of Asus-accessories.com accepting return of the part.

Good luck with it
    I believe there is TypeA and TypeB on revision 3.6
    s-l1600.jpg
    do you think that could be the problem
    This one does not list F555LA
    only F555L and as the seller says
    Notebook / Laptop / Tablet parts are very specific to the device.
    Parts can also differ between Sub models of devices.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/232927703968

5. mrpentium

mrpentium Thread Starter

Hi,

I didnt even know that there was an A and B , but the version I need and the version I received both have the ribbon cable connector. At this point my son is using a CD caddy to substitute the HDD accessibility, but I would like to get the Multimedia working again, which is also linked to this PCB. I just really am stumped as to why it doesnt fit. Guess I need to get out the calipers and check the connect location and dimensions.

6. Macboatmaster

Please type future replies in the box that appears when you return to the topic, please do not reply by clicking reply on my post, as that, as you can see quotes all I have said, back to me. Indeed on your last you have quoted it twice.

Good luck with it, now you tell me it has the ribbon cable connector I do not know if there are indeed A and B
    Unfortunately I do not see how I can help further

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice