1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus PCE-AC68 Can't pick up 5GHz wifi connection, Help!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by moekassar, Feb 6, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. moekassar

moekassar Thread Starter

I have purchased the ASUS PCE-AC68 and it clearly says it picks up dual band wifi the 2.4 and the 5 GHz connection, but after i installed it it only picks up the 2.4 GHz connection, whereas my other devices they all can pick up the GHz connection, so clearly its not a router issue after i did some research someone suggested that i change the channel on my router, i tried that, now it can pick the the 5GHz connection but at very slow speed! the 2.4 GHz was faster than the 5GHz! I contacted ASUS they said most probably its a defected component and ask the seller to exchange the product, i did that and he gave a new one and i tried it at his store it worked perfectly and could easily pick up the 5GHz at his store but again the new one Can't pick the 5GHZ connection at my home, i contacted my internet provider they said its my PC issue and their router is working fine. The ASUS Seller blames it on the service provider, the service provider blames it on the hardware and i am stuck between them both! Anyone knows how to fix this issue? please help

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Rather than us making assumptions please describe the connections, placement and orientation of the antennas and the distance from the router.

3. moekassar

moekassar Thread Starter

i hope i can describe what you are asking for as much as possible,
    im not sure what you mean by connection, but its fiber connection to a router provided by the service provider, the router has both 2.4 GHZ and 5GHz. the antenas are attached directly to the PCIe device from the back of the PC, but i dont think its an issure since it can pick up the 2.4 GHz from the same placement, it should be able to pick up the 5GHz. the distance from the router is about 3 meters.
    thanks

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That all sounds fine (which, unfortunately, means no clue as to the cause of the problem). Is there any obstruction in the direct path from router to adapter antennae? If so, maybe it is affecting the 5 GHz but not the 2.4 GHz signal.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice