1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS PTGD-LA for HP Pavillion a1023c not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richardnml, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richardnml

richardnml Thread Starter

Three days ago my wife's HP Pavillon computer just stopped working, it will not turn on at all. I made the obligatory call to HP support, spoke to at least three people who I could barely understand, gave each one all of my personal details, told each of them the same story and of course they all that it is out of warranty. I am going to replace the mother board;

SHould I use a different model number for enhanced operation?
    Should I change the processor to a faster one?
    Are there any other things that is should consider regarding my problem or the repair of the same?
    also what about a replacement guide, will it come with the Mother board?

My operating system is WIndows XP home

Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you tried a new or another power supply? Thats the very first thing that needs to be tried when a system won't turn on.

If you put in anything other then an HP authorized motherbaord you will need to buy a new copy of WIndows XP. The HP copy that comes with the system is an OEM version that lives and dies with the system - a motherboard chnage would no longer make it an HP.

3. richardnml

thank you, i will also check the power supply

4. richardnml

Also, if I do change the motherboard and install HP professional, can you reccomend any upgrades to processor, etc...

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Install HP Professional? Do you mean XP Pro? There's little reason to swtich to Windows XP Pro for the average home user.

Is there a need to upgrade? If so what isn't it doing?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/511463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice