1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus Rampage 6 extreme x299 MB issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rudebuoy07, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rudebuoy07

Rudebuoy07 Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I have just built myself a new PC. Built one back in 2008 which I am currently typing on right now, just completed a new one this week. Its a x299 as the title suggests , it boots up fine with all fans, CPU cooler and MB light up etc, but it will not post and the is no sound and nothing on the display. The mother board however displays a CPU code 00. I had a Intel 7920x installed up until yesterday, since returned that to amazon awaiting refund, and bought a 9900x instead, replaced it and the exact same reading....code 00. I have checked power supply, moved memory around re-seated the CPU by buying a new one and still nothing. Still everything like the mother board lights up with the amber start light and has the RGB working, all fans, 13 of them work in the case, power supply and GPU work fine, but wont post because of this code. Thermaltake View 71 is the case I am using and had to replaced that one twice, because of switch and broken tempered glass. Getting really frustrated with this all white build, spent countless hours planning and building, would really love to get some feedback and input please to resolve this, or do i just send back and replace the motherboard itself? Many thanks in advance for responses and help.

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Have you tried putting the Ln2 mode jumper in the enable mode? (2-3) Supposed to help wit cold boot issues.

3. Rudebuoy07

Rudebuoy07 Thread Starter

I wished I saw this thread or reply first, I just pulled it out of my case out of frustration and packaging it now , waiting on an RA# label to send it back to amazon. I really not that computer lit, so ln2 i have no idea what that is.....yet any help would be great as to what to do. Sending off for a replacement. This is the very first time that I have joined a forum, just trying to feel my way around. Thanks for also replying back! awaiting your response.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

These new boards have so many settings in the BIOS and the board, you have to research every thing about them. A cold boot is starting for the first time or if the power supply was unplugged or off and you turn it back on an hit the main power button. A warm boot is like a restart after it has been running. They must have had issues to put that jumper on the board. Oh and Code 00 is not used?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice