1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus Rog gaming laptop help please???`

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kylefozz, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kylefozz

kylefozz Thread Starter

Hi first post on this site, i own a Asus Rog G751J Gaming laptop, i sold it about 2 months ago to a buyer in the same country as me, after posting the laptop the buyer put the wrong charger in the unit after being instructed otherwise, opened up a claim to paypal, paypal accepted his claim and he sent the laptop back to me, after taking it to a computer repair shop they confirmed he used the wrong charger the motherboard put it self in safe mode to prevent damage, i took the laptop home and ordered the correct delta electronics charger the laptop came with, laptop booted up but i found he blew the internal battery and when the AC is unplugged laptop switches off, after 1 hour of use the whole laptop wouldn't boot up with the internal battery inside, opened up the laptop and removed the internal battery, laptop now boots up without internal battery but randomly dies about 30minutes-1hour of use i am ordering new internal battery but im just curious to why its randomly dying even when plugged in ? Is there further damage or ?

Thanks to anyone who can help me dont really want to take it back to a repair shop and spend more money when i still have to pay paypal for taking the buyers side... many thanks

Also when it dies all charging LED lights at the bottom of the laptop go off, and stay off for about 30 minutes, and laptop is un bootable for this time.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you haven't refunded the buyer already, you can explain to Paypal that he used the wrong charger.

But it sounds like that you re-purchased your laptop from the buyer. In that case, explain to Paypal that the laptop was damaged and then you can return your laptop to the buyer for him to repair himself.

3. kylefozz

kylefozz Thread Starter

I have an open apeal for my money back i already refunded him, recieved the laptop back and he damaged it paypal are considering my application and i get to try to repair my laptop and keep it or sell it again as he's made me waste money trying to fix it. im more wanting to know if i replace the internal battery will the power still randomly cut out?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Hard to say if any further damage was done to the laptop without knowing what charger he used. If he used a charger that had the wrong amp or voltage, then damage to the motherboard is possible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice