Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASUS Small Notebook Model: E203N

922 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  nichosi 
#1 · (Edited)
Asus small Notebook will not boot up.

After powering up nothing happens & when I press Enter things appear as per attachment below. Whatever I click on nothing happens.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Asus small Notebook
Exactly what model?
I own an Asus 7" eeepc from 2008.

What OS is running on it?

Whatever I click on nothing happens.
That's because you are looking at the BIOS. Clicking/mouse/touchpad does nothing in the BIOS. Everything in the BIOS is done using the keyboard.

What happens when you press F8 as the bottom right tells you to get a boot menu?

#5 ·
Exactly what model?
I own an Asus 7" eeepc from 2008.

What OS is running on it?

That's because you are looking at the BIOS. Clicking/mouse/touchpad does nothing in the BIOS. Everything in the BIOS is done using the keyboard.

What happens when you press F8 as the bottom right tells you to get a boot menu?
Model: E203N, 2-3 years old.

I would use the keyboard if it was the Bios, but it is not BIOS, do not ask me what is it, that's what I need to find out.

The laptop seems completely dead. Was running W.10

How to get it started?

#9 · (Edited)
but it is not BIOS
Well the top line of the screen you posted says ASUS BIOS Utility - EZ Mode.

For me: drivers page https://asus-drivers-download-center.blogspot.com/2019/03/asus-e203n-drivers-windows-10-64-bit.html
I'm having trouble finding specs for that model. It keeps wanting to give me specs for E230NA or E230M.

I found an old thread here. Apparently that Vivobbok came with only a 28GB hd. That is too small to run Windows 10. Have you replaced the 28GB hd with a larger model?

#10 · (Edited)
Thanx Liz,

it says that but was not the proper bios with how to change "boot device priority" & all the other myriad of this it does.

But please disregard my original plea for help to revive my Asus laptop.

I remembered the magic "Media Creation W10 Tool" on a USB drive I made & never used, inserted it the drive & booted up the laptop. The magic worked, reinstalled w10 & it is back in business with proper BIOS.

The only difference I noticed so far is in IE 11 the Favourites bar I use on my PC is not in the same place causing me to go round the houses to add & use favourites.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.