ASUS USB-AC53 Dual Band - Can't detect 5Ghz band

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dramorus

Hi there!

So about 2 months ago, I purchased the AC53 when I moved in to a house share.
We have Virgin Media SuperHub that does both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
When I installed it, it worked fine and connected excellently to the 5G band, a few days ago however the 5G connection disappeared off my list and now it always connects me to the 2.4ghz band.

Tried resetting my SuperHub and re-installing the drivers and software utility for the AC53 but alas it doesn't show. My phone however can find and connect to the 5G band.

I'm a bit confused as where to go from here!

Any help would be much appreciated!

After re-installing you can't connect at all or just only connect to 2.4?

Can you run ipconfig /all and post back the results.
Click Start, in the search box type cmd, under programs right click on cmd and select "Run as Administrator".
In the command prompt window type ipconfig /all and press enter.
Next right click within the command prompt and select "Select All" press enter.
Paste the results back in this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online