1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus USB-N53 stops working.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by johnovision27, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnovision27

johnovision27 Thread Starter

Hey all

Just started having this problem a couple days ago. I'm currently using a DGL4500 router as well as an ASUS USB-N53 adapter for my desktop. The router is still functional as I can still get a working wireless signal on my laptop. The desktop will stop loading pages after a couple of minutes once the adapter has been reset. (disable, then enable) At first I thought it was just Chrome, but Firefox appears to be doing the same thing, and uTorrent stops downloading aswell.

Windows still indicates an internet connection, and does not detect any issues while diagnosing the wireless adapter.

Windows does not have permission to turn the adapter off to save power aswell.

Any input/suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Cheers.

2. pip22

pip22

If possible, connect your PC to the router with ethernet cable to network card inside the PC.
    If no problems with a wired connection, the USB wireless adapter may be faulty so I would change it (different make if possible, preferrably Belkin or Netgear).

3. gustave13

gustave13

hi johnovision27,

Can you help to answer some several questions below? I have an acquaintances at ASUS Service Center and he might help you on this.

1. Did USB-N53 working well in the beginning or the USB-N53 cannot work in the beginning?
    2. Does user mean the USB-N53 didn’t work anymore after he reset USB-N53?
    3. What is the customer’s utility version
    4. What is the customer’s OS version (for instance, windows 7 32bits or 64bits)

Please kindly help to answer the questions above.

Thank you

4. johnovision27

1. Worked like a charm in the beginning. Just started acting up last week some time for no apparent reason. No changes to the router setup, system, or programs.
    2. Once I disable and enable the adapter it works for a while (anywhere from 1-15 mins) and then randomly stops again. Windows connectivity doesn't indicate any loss in internet connection
    3. Utility version is 1.0.8.0
    4. Windows 7 64bit

Thanks for your help.

5. johnovision27

The problem appears to be with my DGL 4500. (running on the latest FW)
    I've updated all the drivers from the respective websites on my desktop and laptop. Both are dropping at the same time.
    I'm going to try restoring the router and going from there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038316