1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus VIVO PC VM42

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swiper, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swiper

Swiper Thread Starter

Asus VIVO PC VM42 hardware ( has windows 8.1)
    trying to use this as a 'remotely only' connected PC
    just want to have it connected to power and network cable
    problem is , the computer boots up and such and I can see the computer on in teamviewer but the display is black only
    if i boot it up without vga it gives me 1 long - 3short beeps ( vga not connected ) error code but the computer still appears to boot up but i can not see it either with vncviewer / teamviewr or even rdp

anyone know how i can get this damn PC to boot up like any other PC without a monitor atached so i can just remote into as i please ?

i could not see anything in BIOS but i may have missed it

thanks

I also e-mailed Asus tech support
    pretty sure not gonna get a response
    what computer in the world allows you to boot it up, appear in teamviewer as beingh online, but show me only a black desktop with nothing there but an ASUS box
    holy moley ,buy crap get crap i guess

LOL

2. Swiper

Swiper Thread Starter

Update: managed to make some changes in BIOS to stop the beeping on boot up with no monitor connected
    seems to work with teamviwer / vnc viewer with Standard VGA driver
    but as soon as i install the Intel HD driver, that is where it all get messed up again....

i may need to just it with crap resolution for now
    will post further if i get anywhere further with it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice