1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS X450 MD Automatically sleeps When Typing on my Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jopet23fernandez, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopet23fernandez

jopet23fernandez Thread Starter

HI, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP.. ITS AUTOMATICALLY SLEEP WHEN I'M TYPING WITH MY KEYBOARD.. BUT WHEN I USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD IT WORKS FINE IT DOESN'T AUTO SLEEP..

I ALREADY SEARCH ON THE INTERNET AND SOME SAYS THAT IT MAY CAUSE BY OVERHEATING..

DO I HAVE TO REPLACE MY HARD DRIVE OR MOBO? IF NOT THEN WHAT SHOULD I SUPPOSED TO DO?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Please do not type in capitals - upper case it is hard on the eyes to read ad is in fact considered shouting on the net

Silly as it may sound if you have a wristwatch or other metal object on your left wrist - take it off and try again
    I understand there MAYBE a sensor on the lower left corner, that you cannot see but reacts to metal objects, and has the purpose of putting the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Or try resetting BIOS/UEFI to defaults.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice