Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus X50Z Blinking Problem

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  OTN 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,
I am pretty new in this Forum .
I have an Asus X50Z Notebook with a strange Problem.
When it is turned on ( via Power Cable or Battery) , the power light and other lights do come on but NO Display on the LCD:
The FAN does not SPIN most times (it does spin ,sometimes when left for about 5 minutes ....and stops again, with no Display on the LCD )
I have tried Basic Troubleshooting .....removed the battery and held the power Button for 30-60 Seconds and and turned it ON with the Charger and also with Battery inserted but problem persists.
I would like to know if this is a GPU related problem or something else .

Your advisory feedback shall be appreciated.

I wish Everyone a Splendid Easter !!!

Best regards

#4 ·
The Notebook should at least Turn ON without a Hard Drive . Right ?
You said in post #1 that the laptop powers on and the lights come on and the exhaust fan spins, so we already know it's doing that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Power off the laptop, then remove the battery, then open the RAM module compartment, then remove and reseat the modules, then replace the battery, then power on the laptop.

See if that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
Fact is , the CPU Fan hardly spins.
The LCD, RAM ,HDD have been tested with another Asus X50Z and they worked perfectly.
I am sure it is a board related problem .
I intend reballing the GPU but i wanna be certain the problem lies with the Graphics Chip.
Moreso,i saw related problems on youtube but the guys did not profer any solution to the problem.
I am hoping that a Profi here might have encountered same situation and had success resolving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.