1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS Xonar D1 audio card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Massacher, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Massacher

Massacher Thread Starter

i am having an issue with this card.

i can't seem to get it to work in 5.1 mode with my Logitech Z-5500s.

i just got the latest driver (7.12.8.1794). the sound only comes through front left, front right, center and sub. no sound at all comes from the rear two speakers. it's like Windows is ignoring them. and having mentioned that the Windows sound control panel shows 2 side speakers in the diagram which i don't have. i realize that 7.1 isn't the correct setting to have in there, but if i select 5.1 then i don't get the RL and RR show up.

[​IMG]

i de-selected the side speakers because i don't physically have any.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have selected 8 channels (as it suggests), 96KHz Sample Rate and 5.1 Speakers for Analog Out in the ASUS D1 Audio Center. i chose 96KHz because it matches what is on the control center

[​IMG]

i have disabled on-board sound in the BIOS

i don't have optical or coax cable to try.

i don't know what else could be the problem.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It almost sounds like you have the rear speakers connected in to the side speaker jack on the back of the sound card.

3. Massacher

Massacher Thread Starter

hmm.. this is weird. i switched the rear connector from the rear speaker jack to the side speaker jack and now the back speakers work. but the sound for both rear left and rear right come from only the left rear speaker...

i'm going to check the connections again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice