1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asylum port 81.How to check which application is running on a port

Discussion in 'General Security' started by mobi_khan, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobi_khan

mobi_khan Thread Starter

Hi,

I run the Vulnerability scanner yesterday GFILanGuard Network Security Scanner and it shows that on port 81 there is a backdoor Asylum. But I do not know how to see which application is actually using that port. I have used the TCP view but it did not show any kind of application running on port 81, at the same time when i tenet the port 81 I observed that its responding and there is some activity going on that port

I have used another tool named Advance Admin tool and it shows the information as follows:

Port Protocol Description Possible Trojan

81 TCP HOST2 Name Server RemoConChubo

Can you please help me how I can be sure what is actually going on this port. I mean the exact application which is listening on this port.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/717990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice