At my wits end with "blue screen of death"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JulietJ

Hi all,
This is my first posting, but hopefully not my last! :)

I've "always" had problems with using devices on my computer (XP). When I tried to hook up my camcorder I got a blue screen of death, and in the end no matter what I tried, as soon as I tried to stream my video it froze so badly the machine had to be turned off at the wall, and left to recover. I don't remember what the blue screen code was at that time, as I assumed it was a one-off.

However, I now like to keep in touch with friends and family in New Zealand using a webcam. Now, I had freezing and crashing using Messenger, so I now use Camfrog, which has been fine up until yesterday, well, actually, not fine, sometimes it would crash when I put in the camera password (to activate the webcam), but mostly it would work.

So .......... yesterday, it started playing up real badly. I had to reboot (after turning the pc off at the wall) five times! Now it doesn't even give me the chance to put in the password just gives me this: (put a ? in by the UGCODE, cause I couldn't quite read what that symbol was [screen cuts off], but from googling I think its a "b"

I wrote it out ...

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
?UGCODE_USB_DRIVER
If this is your first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is propertly installed. If this is a new installation, as your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If probmems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disabe BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. I fyou need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup optinos, and then select safe mode.
Technical information:
***STOP: 0x000000FE (0x00000005, 0x8A5A50E0, 0x10397001, 0x8A64E180)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

If anyone can help me, I'd be really grateful, cause I'm at the end of my tether.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Look in C:\Windows\Minidump for files with a .DMP extension. ZIP the most recent 4-5 files and post here as a ZIP or RAR attachment. We can run a debug utility to see what caused the blue screens.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
All your logs show Windows crashing due to "glausb.sys" which is a USB driver for an ADSL modem. Your earliest log has a January date stamp so the problem isn't new.

I am not sure why it would crash when using a webcam, maybe a conflict between different USB drivers. Maybe try to locate a newer driver for your modem.

Attachments

JulietJ

Okay, I've gone to the BT Voyager 105 site, and downloaded what I believe to be the drivers (whether or not they're updated I have no way of knowing). I saved it into C:/Drivers.
I'll try and get the cam to work again.
Wish me luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online