1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

At Wit's End at work/system shut-downs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by puterpie, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puterpie

puterpie Thread Starter

This may not be the best forum, I don't know where else to go but to you guys. Our IT staff, even the BIG GUYS out of state have not been able to help. My problem is at work on my network desktop. We are on XP. If I can explain without giving too much information, I just want to find an anwer if anyone can help. My system totally shuts down during use of one of our specific applications, during a print request to my printer, then goes through a quick reboot. I have gone through motherboards, switched out disks, different CPU's, different printers, new patches to that particular program, etc. It happens at least once a day. Could it be a memory resource issue, a power problem, a printer settings issue? Does anyone have any ideas of another direction I can suggest we go?
    Thanks for any suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice