ata 133

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

donnybrasco

ok...from a total newbie =0 and a master in setting up hardware/software=10 i would say im a 6

is it hard to set up my ata 133 on my soyo dragon ultra and is it stable i dont know much at all about it... and is it worth the time.... upping the speed wise?

I'm not sure that I understand your Question???? The Soyo Dragon Ultra has native ATA 133 support. Are you refering to RAID setup/support???

donnybrasco

yes the setup i know it supports it...i believe i have to set up an array or something dont i?

crjdriver

If you want to setup raid, you need at least two drives. They should be of the same size and buffer; ideally the same mgf. In addition when you setup raid, all existing data on the drives is destroyed. You cannot take a drive with an os or data and make it into part of a raid array without loosing everything on the drive that is there now.

Post back if you want instructions on how to setup raid.

crjdriver

BTW I am not a fan of onboard ide raid. The onboard type of raid controller is a dumbed down version of the controller used on a real raid card.

My thinking is if you want raid, buy a real raid card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online