1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATA to AHCI

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ssm42, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ssm42

ssm42 Thread Starter

I just finished reinstalling windows and I'm having issues with the sata operation again. With the factory selected default of AHCI and flash cache module enabled, it blue screens. When I disable both it will boot.

I then tried to download drivers from dell. I downloaded the intel matrix storage manager and intel turbo memory (applications and drivers) but my computer will not let me install them. It says my machine does not meet the minimum requirements (which it does because I had it working before)

I was just on the phone with dell for over an hour thinking they would have a quicker solution. After finally deciphering my techs dialect he had no useful info. I am going to try and create a bootable cd with the drivers on it while I wait for the wizards out there to solve my dilema...

2. Orumph

Orumph

That is because you have to start out with AHCI enabled in the BIOS before installing the OS.
    Have the Raid drivers for your board ready on a floppy or flash drive, or add them to your install disk.

What Intel Board are you using?

Acutally, depending on the board, you may not need drivers ready to load. Just enable AHCI and reinstall the OS from scratch.

3. ssm42

ssm42 Thread Starter

I'm not sure what board I have but I downloaded the Intel mobile chipset from the dell site. I installed the os with ahci enabled and when it was finished it bluescreened. I can't install (what I think is) the software because it tells my computer it does not meet the minimum requirements.

I'm also fairly certain I don't have a raid hard drive. Im running a dell inspiron 1420.

4. Orumph

Orumph

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice