1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

atapi dvd dh16a1p

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tech_pagan, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tech_pagan

tech_pagan Thread Starter

hi all,

i have been having nothing but problems with the atapi dvd dh16a1p dvd rw that came with my pc, it keeps telling me that the drivers are corrupt or missng for it, but when i go to update them it is saying that they are all up to date.

it does not recognise anything i put into it. some times it works and other times it doesn't. i recently put my pc back to factory settings and that hasn't helped the problem.

can anyone help, as the rest of the net is useless.

2. Megabite

Megabite

If this is XP then go to Device Manager and Uninstall it and restart the PC.

Open Device Manager

Press the Windows Logo key + Pause Break key together
    another screen will open..
    click on the Hardware tab
    then Device Manager button

look down the list and find your DVD and right click it and choose uninstall then restart the PC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701301