1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

atdmt.com--atlas solution malware

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by PaBon, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaBon

PaBon Thread Starter

Despite telling my cousin's husband that he cannot use my computer, he got on my Two-WEEK-old computer and apparently infected it by going to the atlas solutions site. I have done a massive amount of research and can't seem to find out how to completely get rid of this. It makes my computer run slow and it automatically closes anything I have open on my computer including IE.

The first thing it started doing was it kept opening up Windows Help. I would close it and it would pop back up again over and over to the point that I could no longer do anything because ANY program I tried to open only opened the Windows Help and not the program that I was attempting to open. I blocked this program from opening up (which seemed like putting a Band-Aid on a broken arm to me) and that helped for a while with that particular problem. Of course, I now have worse problems going on.

I have cleared my IE settings and I have blocked the website atdmt.com. Can someone suggest something else to get rid of or at least help with this problem before I have to murder my cousin's husband.

Btw, I have Vista.

Please help. Sorry this is so long.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice