1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved atheros ar9285 802.11 b/g/n wifi adapter drivers disk

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jllp, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jllp

jllp Thread Starter

I accidentally deleted from regedit my realtek drivers for my "atheros ar9285 802.11 b/g/n wifi adapter" for my laptop. I am on vacation, and cannot access my recovery disks (which I left at home) for another month or so. Short of buying a new set of recovery disks on the Internet, can anyone send me a disk with these drivers on it so I can access the wifi that is available to me? Unless it is possible to download the drivers to a jumpdrive so I can than put them on my laptop. Thanks. My laptop is a compaq presario cq56-115dx.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Realtek and Atheros are two completely separate manufacturer's.

Recovery Discs wipe out your system and take you back to the original factory state, pretty sure that's not what you want to use anyway.

The place to get drivers for your HP/Compaq laptop for free is the HP website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4308201#N418
    Download the drivers either by plugging the laptop in with an Ethernet cable or use another computer and transfer the driver download with a USB drive.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Your laptop has drivers listed for Windows XP and Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit, and you didn't mention which Windows version it's running.

Based on what you said above, you might want to download and save both the Atheros wireless driver and the Realtek ethernet driver for the Windows version in your laptop.

It's possible you may need to reinstall both drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1106299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice